OK. So, every where I go, people are like, are you still in high school? It's great. I can get a Happy Meal at Mcy D's, and not feel awkward about it. I can play video games at the movie theater, and people think it's normal. When I work at Walmart over the holidays, the people with the beer don't come in my line because they're afraid I can't scan it for them (by the way, at Walmart, you can be 19 and sell beer). And then, people ask me, "So, what high school do you go to, Sweetie?" and I'm like, well I go to college now, and they're like, no way! There was one time when I was just walking down the street and these Jr. high kids came up and said, "Are you a kid?" and I was like, "No. I go to UH." And they were like, "Sorry. You look like a kid." And, one time, I was on the bus, and this old man almost sat on me, and then he was like, "I almost sat on this little girl."
I'll never grow up. I'll always like bugs and playgrounds and cookie dough (I can't bake cookies- all of the dough ends up inside of me before it gets baked). I still draw cartoons and play with stuffed animals (at work and when I babysit, mostly). I still watch Pikachu on TV and sometimes I watch Barney or Seseme Street or Arthur (that's my favorite!) I still like playing Kirby and Yoshi and Donkey Kong and Supermario Bros. But you know what, that's perfectly ok. There's nothing wrong with liking that stuff. It doesn't make me weird or stupid or a big baby- it makes me- me. Unique and wonderful in my own way. So what if I sleep with a Dora the Explorer pillow case and blanket (I do!) So what if I sleep with my Elmo pj's and my Pikachu doll (I do!) I'm me, and I don't have to change. And yes, I don't eat out often, but when I do, it's to get the happy meal toys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment